Rara Lake Trek
Rare Lake Trek is a remote trekking trial in Nepal that takes thrill seekers to the largest lake in Nepal, the Rara Lake. Tread on lush forests, and reach one of the most serene locations in the world, the Rara Lake with the expert team of guides and porters of Bomzan Nepal Treks and Expedition, surely set to make your experience something to remember for a lifetime.
The major attraction of the trekking trail is undoubtedly the Rara Lake (3010m) whose azure blue waters and the reflection of the mighty peaks surrounding it calls for a picturesque spot. Rara Lake is aptly called the Queen of Lakes and once you reach the vicinity of the lake, the meaning of the name becomes even clearer.
The Rara Lake is situated in the smallest and the most scenic national park of Nepal, the Rara National Park. The undisturbed lake allows enthusiast also to explore the unique flora and fauna that surrounds it. Walk through remote villages like Jumla, ethnic inhabitants, and coniferous forests and explore the serenity of the Rara Lake in contrast with the dry, snow-capped peaks that lie beyond with the Rara Lake Trek.
Detail IteneraryExpand All
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft) and transfer to Hotel – Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trip preparation.
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (150 m/490 ft) – Duration: 50 minutes – Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04: Flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2,540 m/8,334 ft) – Duration: 25 minutes – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Jumla to Chere Chaur (3055 m/10,023 ft) – Duration: 4/5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Chere Chaur to Chalachaur (2980 m/9,777 ft) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Chalachaur to Sinja Valley (2490 m/ 8167 ft) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Sinja to Ghorosingha (3050 m/10007 ft) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 09: Trek from Ghorosingha to Rara Lake (3010 m/9876 ft) – Duration: 6/7 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Explore Rara Lake – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Rara Lake to Pina (2440 m/ 8006 ft) – Duration: 4/5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Pina to Bumra (2850 m/9351 ft) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 13: Trek ends: Bumra to Jumla (2540 m/8334 ft) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 14: Flight from Jumla – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 15: Final departure to onward destination.
Included in the Cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van depending on the group size.
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Jumla and Jumla – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu and airport tax.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- All necessary paper works, National park fees and permit.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- Trekking Map.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, food, accommodation, transportation and insurance for trekking staff.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Government taxes, VAT and Service charge.
Not Included in the Cost
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance (Compulsory).
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expense, entrance fees and sweet things like chocolate.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for trekking staff.
- Donations and monuments entry fees.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
0 Reviews on Rara Lake Trek View All