Upper Mustang Trek
The hidden paradises of the Upper Mustang Trek trial calls thrill seekers form all over the world to explore its serenity and mystery. Known aptly as the “Last Forbidden Kingdom” of Nepal, Upper Mustang was opened to trekkers only recently but has established itself as one of the most trekked locations in Nepal. Upper Mustang Trek requires a special permit and is a moderately strenuous trek.
Explore the wilderness and the natural beauty of Upper Mustang Trek with the expert group of guides of Bomjan Treks and Expedition, and you are surely set to return home happy. Interact with Tibetan ethnic populations, explore the isolated Lo Manthang and experience the warmth and hospitality of the locals strewn across Upper Mustang.
The Upper Mustang Trek invariably changes from green treeline to dry arid lands and exposes the significant beauty of the Annapurna Region of Nepal. The views of the panoramic Annapurna range, Dhaulaigir, Nilgiri and much more, makes this experience a spectacular one. Explore the close niche life of Mustang and the rare medieval and Buddhist arts that this region is famous for. Explore this different world and awe on the contrast this region possesses from other regions of Annapurna region. Explore the amchi museum, the Amchi School, monasteries, caves as you follow the famous Kali Gandaki River, to a peace of heaven in Nepal.
Detail IteneraryExpand All
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft) and transfer to Hotel – Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trip preparation
Day 03 - Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (910m/2985ft) - Duration: 6 to 7 hours - Overnight at hotel
Day 04: Flight to Jomsom (2725m/ 8,940ft) and trek to Kagbeni (2810m/ 9219ft) - Duration: 20 minutes flight & trek 3 hours - Overnight at Lodge
Day 05: Trek from Kagbeni to Chele (3050 m) - Duration: 6 hours - Overnight at Lodge
Day 06: Trek from Chele to Syangmoche (3475 m / 11400 ft) – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 07: Trek from Syangmoche to Ghami (3500 m / 11482 ft) – – Duration: 5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 08: Trek from Ghami to Charang (3560 m / 11679 ft) – Duration: 4 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 09: Trek from Charang to Lo Manthang (3770 m / 12368 ft) – Duration: 5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 10: Day Trip to Chhoser Cave – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lo Manthang in Lodge
Day 11: Trek from Lo Manthang to Dhakmar (3800 m / 12467 ft) – Duration: 7 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 12: Trek from Dhakmar to Ghiling (3860 m / 12664 ft) – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 13: Trek from Ghiling to Chuksang (3050 m / 10050 ft) – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 14: Trek from Chuksang to Jomsom (2715 m / 8907 ft) – Duration: 5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge
Day 15: Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara (830 m / 2723 ft) and sightseeing around lakeside – Duration: 20 minutes – Overnight at Hotel
Day 16: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1300 m / 4265 ft) – Duration: 7 to 8 hrs – Overnight at Hotel
Day 17: Final departure for your onward destination
Included in the Cost
- Airport pick up and drop by car/van/bus.
- Two nights Hotel in Pokhara with B/B plane.
- Transportation cost for the trek ( Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu by tourist bus and Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara by flight)
- Trekking Map
- Full board package trip with three times meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) and Accommodation during the trip.
- Highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1porter for 2 people if needed) their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment.
- Upper Mustang Entry Permit and Restricted Area Permit.
- TIMS Permits.
- Government taxes.
- All ground transportation.
Not Included in the Cost
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance (Compulsory).
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expense, entrance fees and sweet things like chocolate.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for trekking staff.
- Donations and monuments entry fees.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
0 Reviews on Upper Mustang Trek View All