Upper Dolpo Trek
Situated on the border of the Tibet and Nepal, Upper Dolpo Trek was opened to trekkers until 1989 and has been gaining more and more recognition nowadays. It is one of the few places where pre-Buddhist Bon-Po is practiced. This trek takes the trekkers in the western region of the remote uncharted land of traditional western Nepal and is famous for the peculiar villages, and the beautiful snow leopards. Adventurers can get the magnificent view of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Kanjiroba along with other ice-capped monstrosities.
The Upper Dolpo trek starts at Julphal after a flight from Nepalgunj. The estimated trekking time is around 6-7 hours in this four-week long trek. The trekkers can witness the beauty of Phoksundo Lake (3,611m) along with Kang-La pass and Namduna Gaun all of which reflects the beauty of this trek. Trekkers also pass Lower Dolpo region in this journey.
The highest altitude this trek offers is 5,360m and acclimatization is a must to avoid high altitude sickness which is rather rampant in this trek as the villages in Upper Dolpo reaches around 4500m which takes up quite a toll on people who are used to living in that altitude. The entire trek is rated as moderate difficulty and physically fitness is advised to take on the attempt.
Bomjan Treks and Expedition provides necessary elements for the trekkers to fully enjoy this glorious trek. From accommodation to food to the safety, everything is taken care of so that adventurers can focus on the trek to get the best out of it.
Included in the Cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the in trekking Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Everest trekking map.
- all flight Ticket and ground transport An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement. All government taxes and Vat.
Not Included in the Cost
- Meals your self Kathmandu (L+D).
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks) Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory) If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.
0 Reviews on Upper Dolpo Trek View All