Upper Dolpo Trek
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Group size: 2+
- Best Seasons: Spring & Autumn
Situated on the border of the Tibet and Nepal, Upper Dolpo Trek was opened to trekkers until 1989 and has been gaining more and more recognition nowadays. It is one of the few places where pre-Buddhist Bon-Po is practiced. This trek takes the trekkers in the western region of the remote uncharted land of traditional western Nepal and is famous for the peculiar villages, and the beautiful snow leopards. Adventurers can get the magnificent view of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Kanjiroba along with other ice-capped monstrosities.
The Upper Dolpo trek starts at Julphal after a flight from Nepalgunj. The estimated trekking time is around 6-7 hours in this four-week long trek. The trekkers can witness the beauty of Phoksundo Lake (3,611m) along with Kang-La pass and Namduna Gaun all of which reflects the beauty of this trek. Trekkers also pass Lower Dolpo region in this journey.
The highest altitude this trek offers is 5,360m and acclimatization is a must to avoid high altitude sickness which is rather rampant in this trek as the villages in Upper Dolpo reaches around 4500m which takes up quite a toll on people who are used to living in that altitude. The entire trek is rated as moderate difficulty and physically fitness is advised to take on the attempt.
Bomjan Treks and Expedition provides necessary elements for the trekkers to fully enjoy this glorious trek. From accommodation to food to the safety, everything is taken care of so that adventurers can focus on the trek to get the best out of it.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj, Check in Hotel
- Day 04: Fly to Juphal (2475m) & Trek to Dunai, Overnight in Camp
- Day 05: Trek to Rohagaon(2970m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 06: Trek to Regi (2940m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 07: Explore Shey Phoksundo Lake (3600m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 08: Trek to Phoksundo – Pine forest (3750m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 09: Trek to Kangla B.C. (4450m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 10: Cross Nagdolo La (5110m) & Trek to Shey Gompa (4160m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 11: Trek to Sela Pass (5095m) & to Nam Gaun (4606m) to Saldang (33770m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 12: Trek to Chauri Kharkha (43,000m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 13: Trek to Taxsindo (Tokyu 4,250m) via Jengla Pass (4,850m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 14: Trek to Dhor Tarap (3944m), Rest day and Interation with the local people, Overnight in Camp
- Day 15: Trek to Sisaul (3756m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 16: Trek to Chhyugar (3440m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 17: Trek to Laisicap (2775m), Overnight in Camp
- Day 18: Trek to Sulighat (), Overnight in Camp
- Day 19: Trek to Juphal (2475m), Overnight Lodge
- Day 20: Fly Back to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel
- Day 21: Free Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 22: Upper Dolpo Trek Ends/Final Departure
Included in the Cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the in trekking Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Everest trekking map.
- all flight Ticket and ground transport An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement. All government taxes and Vat.
Not Included in the Cost
- Meals your self Kathmandu (L+D).
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks) Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory) If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.
0 Reviews on Upper Dolpo Trek View All