Tiji Festival Trek
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Group size: 2+
- Best Seasons: Spring & Autumn, Summer
The Tiji Festival is one of the most exotic festivals celebrated in Mustang. Against the mystique and the wilderness of the “forbidden kingdom” of the Mustang valley, the Tiji Festival trek is a one in a million experience to explore the culture traditions of the ethnic inhabitants that live in the region.
Tiji Festival is known as “The Chasing of the Demons”. It is centered on the Tiji myth. The story of a deity named Dorje Jano, who battles against his demon father to save the Kingdom of Mustang against destruction, is what the Tiji Festival has been based upon. The festival, which usually falls on the end of May, is something not to be missed.
The Tiji Festival trek amalgamates the pleasure of walking past the dry and arid valleys of Mustang, exploring the panorama of mountain pass like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Nilgiri, as well as the chance to explore the medieval yet uniquely preserved civilization of the Mustang region.
The Tiji Festival Trek is a three-day experience that involved different costumes, dancing rituals and exquisite displays of color and costumes of the Mustang region. Come explore one of the most colorful festivals in the world, with Bomjan Treks and Expedition and experience something out of a movie.
May 15 Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, we will pick you at airport and free transfer to hotel.
May 16 Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing in the UNESCO World Heritage sites.
May 17 Day 03: Drive to Pokhara by tourist coach (200km) stay overnight in hotel.
May 18 Day 04: Fly to Jomsom from Pokhara (25 minutes), trek to Kagbeni (2800 m.) 3 hours walk.
May 19 Day 05: Kagbeni –Chaile (10004ft. 3050m). 4/6 hours walk. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 20 Day 06: Chele – Giling (11709ft. 3570m). 5/6 hours walk. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 21 Day 07: Giling – Charang (11677ft. 3560m). 5/7 hours walk. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 22 Day 08: Charang – Lo Manthang (12,238ft. 3,730m). 4/6 hours walk. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 23 Day 09: OBSERVE TIJI FESTIVAL AT LO-MANTHANG. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 24 Day 10: OBSERVE TIJI FESTIVAL AT LO-MANTHANG. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 25 Day 11: Hike and explore surrounding, Visit the villages, monasteries and the King’s palace.
May 26 Day 12: Lo-Manthang – Ghami (3,460m/11,352ft). 5/7 hours walk. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 27 Day 13: Ghami – Samar (12004ft. 3660m). 4/6 hours walk. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 28 Day 14: Samar – Kagbeni (9216ft. 2810m) – Jomsom. 5/6 hours walk. Stay overnight in lodge.
May 29 Day 15: Jomsom – Pokhara. Fly to Pokhara from Jomsom and stay overnight in hotel.
May 30 Day 16: Pokhara – Kathmandu, drive 200km. your guide will transfer you to hotel.
May 31 Day 17: Fly back to home or extend your trip as per your interest.
Included in the Cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the in trekking Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Everest trekking map.
- all flight Ticket and ground transport An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement. All government taxes and Vat.
Not Included in the Cost
- Meals your self Kathmandu (L+D).
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks) Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory) If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.
0 Reviews on Tiji Festival Trek View All