Rolwaling Valley Trek
The myth of the legendary snow creature Yeti is said to have made its home in Rolwaling valley. This, however, is not the only myth that surrounds this unique trek. Rolwaling, also known by “the grave” by the Sherpas justifies its name as this trek is hailed as one of the most peculiar and difficult in the entire Everest region. The difficulty rating for this trek is rather high and the trekkers are expected to be fit physically as well mentally. There are many who have failed to complete this trek.
The trek starts from Jagat after 8 hours ride from Kathmandu and after that, the trekkers are expected to walk for around 5-7 hours per day. From jagat, the journey continues to Simigaun, Dokhang, Beding, Na Gaon. The travelers will also visit Tso Rolpa Lake (4500m ) and Yalung Ri Base camp (5067 m) which is the highest point of the trek.
The traveler will have acclimatization day at Beding (3740 m). Acclimatization is very important as your body needs to adapt the altitude. We, here, at Bomzan Nepal Treks and Expedition will make sure every trekker will have great experience exploring this beautiful Rolwaling Valley.
Detail IteneraryExpand All
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft) and transfer to Hotel – Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu and trek preparation day – Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Jagat (960m) – Duration: 8 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Simigoan (1990m) – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Dokhang (2791m) – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Beding (3740m) – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Rest day at Beding for acclimatization
Day 08: Trek to Na Goan (4180m) – Duration: 5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 09: Day hike to Tso Rolpa Lake (4500 m) – Duration: 6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge in Na Goan.
Day 10: Day hike to Yalung Ri base camp (5067 m) – Duration: 8 hrs – Overnight at Lodge in Na Goan
Day 11: Trek to Dokhang (2791m) – Duration: 4/5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Simigoan (1990m) – Duration: 4 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 13: Trek to Chhetchhet (1524 m) and drive to Kathmandu – Duration: trek 1 hr & drive 5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 14: Final departure to onward destination.
Included in the Cost
- Airport pick up and drop by car/van/bus.
- Transportation cost for the trek ( Kathmandu – Jagat and Chhetchhet – Kathmandu)
- Trekking Map
- Full board package trip with three times meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) and Accommodation during the trip.
- Highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1porter for 2 people if needed)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance and equipment of trekking staff.
- Gaurishankar Conservation Area Project permit and Restricted Area Permit.
- TIMS Permits.
- Government taxes.
- All ground transportation.
Not Included in the Cost
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance (Compulsory).
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expense, entrance fees and sweet things like chocolate.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Internet, Hot shower and Battery charge during the trek.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for trekking staff.
- Donations and monuments entry fees.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
2 Reviews on Rolwaling Valley Trek View All