Lower Dolpo Trek
One of the last remnants of Tibetan culture is hoarded in the Dolpo region of Nepal. The Lower Dolpo region is centered on not only the high peaks and indigenous western culture but also the pre-Buddhist Bon-Po religion. The Lower Dolpo trek is one of the uncharted territories of Nepal situated in the boundary to Tibet and hindered by the lack of proper infrastructure including road and transportation facility. The remoteness of this trek is what makes this trek a story to be told and passed on.
The trek starts as the trekkers take a flight to Nepalgunj to Jupal (2320m). After this, they carry on by foot observing the exquisiteness of many mountain peaks including Kanjiroba, Annapurna and also witnessing the pristine nature, the tranquility of Phosksundo Lake as well as Tibetan Buddhist religion. The trekkers also pass Numa La Base Camp (4440m) and cross the Numa La pass (5190m)- one the major highlight of the journey.
Lower Dolpo Trek is recommended for moderate trekkers and a good physical fitness level is cautioned. Due to the high altitude, acclimatization is compulsory. The entire trek can be completed in around 15-20 days and vary slightly depending upon the aptitude of the trekkers. Bomzan Nepal Treks and Expedition makes sure that the trekkers can fully enjoy the serene beauty of nature while we take care of the accommodation and food.
Detail IteneraryExpand All
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport (1350M/4,430ft) and Transfer to hotel – Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Preparation day and sightseeing around Kathmandu.
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (150m) – Duration: 50 minutes – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Flight from Nepalgunj to Jhupal and short hike to Dunai (2140m) – Duration: 3/4 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Dunai to Tarakot (2540 m) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Tarakot to Laina Udar (3375m) – Duration: 4/5 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Laina Udar to Ghyamgar (3756m) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Ghyamgar to Dho Tarap (3944m) – Duration: 6/7 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 09: Rest day
Day 10: Trek from Dho Tarap to Numala Base Camp (4440m) – Duration: 4/5 hrs – Overnight at tent.
Day 11: Trek from Numala Base Camp to Danigar (4510m) via Numa La Pass (5309m) – Duration: 6/7 hrs – Overnight at tent.
Day 12: Trek from Danigar to Yak Kharka (3982m) via Baga La Pass (5214 m) – Duration: 5/6 hrs – Overnight at tent.
Day 13: Trek from Yak Kharka to Shey-Phoksundo (3600m) - Duration: 5/6 hrs - Overnight at lodge
Day 14: Rest day
Day 15: Trek from Shey-Phoksundo to Chhepka (2678m) – Duration: 9/10 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 16: Trek from Chhepka to Jhupal (2475m) – Duration: 3/4 hrs – Overnight at Lodge.
Day 17: Flight from Jhupal to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu – Overnight at Hotel.
Day 18: Rest day Kathmandu
Day 19: Final departure to onward destination.
Included in the Cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van depending on group size.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the in trekking.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Trekking map.
- Flight Ticket ( Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Juphal and Juphal – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu) and airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group first aid kit .
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works, Lower dolpa special trekking permit, national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
Not Included in the Cost
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals your self Kathmandu (L+D).
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks), Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment
- Donations and monuments entry fees.
- Internet, battery charge and hot shower during the trek
- Tips for trekking staff.
0 Reviews on Lower Dolpo Trek View All