In 1950, Maurice Herzog and his group came to the Tilicho Pass in the want to find subtle Annapurna I. Shockingly, they found before them a colossal divider and a major solidified lake (Tilicho Lake) remaining on their way to the mountain. This divider was given the name “La Grande Barriere” or “the Great Barrier” by Herzog. Here’s the means by which he portrayed it in his book “Annapurna”:
“We were totally overpowered by the Great Barrier whose normal stature I put at almost 23,000 feet. Its barriers finished in a tremendous and difficult to reach keep, appropriate in the inside, and its abrupt dividers rose 10,000 feet over the camp. The stone was smooth and offered no anomaly, no line of shortcoming on which the prepared eye of a mountain climber may would like to follow out a conceivable course. Annapurna was a monster post and we were still just on the external protections.”
Tilicho Peak is the most noteworthy purpose of the Great Barrier which joins Khangsar Kang (7,458m) and Nilgiri North (7,061m) together. It was initially moved by a French undertaking drove by Emanuel Schmutz in 1978 through the North West Shoulder.
The data introduced on this page is for the most part adapted towards trekkers needing to visit Tilicho.Typically this trek is done from east to west (i.e. from Manang to Jomsom). Doing it the other way is troublesome in light of the fact that 1) it doesn’t give enough time to acclimatization 2) the way to deal with the Meso Kanto La from the west shows a huge test to conventional trekkers. Regardless, you should be all around prepared for this trek, be readied!
Included in the Cost
- Climbing peak permit and one climbing guide (Sherpa)
- National Park entrance permit
- 2 Airport transfers
- All Meals during the trek and camping.
- Accommodation in lodge during the trek, basic camping arrangement during climbing.
- Porters to carry member baggage 15 kg per person.
- Accident insurance for staffs.
Not Included in the Cost
- Personal clothing.
- Personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost, oxygen, medical box.
- Alcoholic beverage, laundry and tips.
- Hotel accommodation and sightseeing tour in Kathmandu (available as per your choice)
0 Reviews on Tilicho Peak View All