MERA PEAK CLIMBING
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Group size: 2+
- Best Seasons: Spring & Autumn
Nepal’s highest trekking peak is really one of a kind. Reaching the altitude of 6476m, the view from the summit is really worth 9 days of ascension to the top. From the summit, the view is some of the best that nature has to offer. In this journey in the Everest region the adventurers can witness the glorious view of the majestic Himalayas, with some of the highest mountains, 5 of which are above 8000m, namely- Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Kanchenjunga (8586m), Makalu (8463) and Cho-Oyu (8201m). They 5 of the 6 highest peak in the entire world. Similarly, they can see several other famous mountains and we have to say, the art of the god can truly be reflected from the top of Mera Peak.
This journey to the eastern Nepal is one of the kind with the scenic route of the alluring mountain pass, alpine forests, beautiful glaciers and the awe-inspiring Himalayas. This Mera Peak Climbing expedition is rather challenging for novice and rated as PD difficulty. Although amateurs can complete this trekking peak, strong physical fitness is advised. Acclimatization is must as the climbing takes quite a toll on the body of the climbers and high altitude sickness is a guarantee is adaptation is not done. The way up is rather tiring due to the huge rocks but this is short-lived as most of the attention is drawn by the beauty of nature.
The route through the Hinku valley shows for some of the greatest panoramic views of the mountain ranges that you can gaze upon.The trekking begins after the flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. The expedition is overseen by the expert group of climbers from our Bomjan Expedition and Treks. The climbers can take the northern route which accounts for one of the best scenic routes one can set sight on or southern route from Lukla to the heart of the Hinku Valley.
Day 01: Arrival day
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trip preparation
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Paiya (Chutok) [2730m/8954ft]:3-4 hrs
Day 04: Paiya to Pangkoma [2850m/93,48ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 05: Pangkoma to Nigmsa (Shibuche)[2745m/90,003ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 06: Nigmsa (Shibuche) to Chetrakhola [3150m/10332ft]: 7-8 hrs
Day 07: Chetrakhola to Kothe [3600m/11808ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 08: Kothe to Tangnang [4,350m/14,270ft]: 3-4 hrs
Day 09: Acclimatization Day: Hiking to Charpate Himal Glacier
Day 10: Tangnang to Khare [5,045m/16,486ft]: 2-3 hrs
Day 11: Khare to Mera Base Camp [5300m/17,384ft]: 3-4 hrs
Day 12: Mera Base Camp to High camp [5,780m/18,958ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 13: Mera High Camp to Summit[6,461m/21,1907ft] and back to Khare [5045m/16,547ft]: 8-9 hrs
Day 14: Reserve day for Contingency
Day 15: Khare to Kothe [3600m/11808ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 16: Kothe to Thuli Kharka: 5-6 hrs
Day 17: Thuli Kharka to Lukla: 6-7 hrs
Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 19: Departure day
Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle.
- Four night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek and tented accommodation during the climbing.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climbing.
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu) with domestic airport tax.
- English speaking trained and experienced trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader) and porters (1 porter for each 2 trekkers).
- All necessary paper works, National park entry permits, climbing permits and TIMS permit.
- Flight fare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with domestic airport tax.
- Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for the guide and porters.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets and duffle bag – if Necessary.
Not Included in the Cost
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Food (lunch and dinner) while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expenses and entrance fees while you do the tour in Kathmandu.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate bars and hot shower during the trek.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide and staffs.
0 Reviews on MERA PEAK CLIMBING View All