Chulu East Mountain Climbing
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Group size: 2+
- Best Seasons: Spring, Autumn
Located in the far northern part of the Annapurna Base Camp is one of the naturally stunning expeditions one can go on. With the view of the beautiful Annapurna range consisting of Annapurna II, III and IV along with Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Manaslu (8,163m), Chulu East Peak climbing trek is one of the most heartwarming and memorable ones. In this trip, the climbers can witness the beautiful Himalayan range, icy glaciers, and beautiful mountain pass. This journey takes the climbers above the Manang Valley- one of the most peculiar places in the country
Chulu East Peak climbing (6,584m) gives the eccentric view of the western Himalayas along with various Nepalese tradition, not to mention their lifestyle and their welcoming culture. The difficulty of this climb is rated moderate to hard as the climbers are required to have sufficient knowledge on rope climb, ice axe, and other equipment. The experts from Bomjan Expedition and Treks will guide the climbers and cater for their needs throughout the journey. Still, climbers are expected to be physically resilient and some experience on mountaineering before attempting this climb. The attitude is challenging and a strong mentality and will is a plus point.
The estimated duration of this trip is around 3 weeks including arrival, acclimatization, and departure from Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, transfer to hotel and Chulu East briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing or excursion around Kathmandu valley with own activities and preparation for Chulu east peak climbing ..
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to BesiShahar-823m 5- 6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Bahundada-1311m (approx. 7 hr)
Day 05: Trek to Jagat-1314m (approx. 6 hr)
Day 06: Trek to Chame-2713m (approx. 6 hr)
Day 07: Trek to Hongde- 3300m (approx. 4 hr)
Day 08: Acclimatization day (you can do some excursion trip going about 4000m and come down which would be the good acclimatization)
Day 09: Trek to Chulu base camp-3910m
Day 10: Trek to High camp 4955m
Day 10: High Camp 4955m (if well acclimatized, you can attempt the summit. If not, rest at the high camp for the next day)
Day 12: Base Camp-3910m (weather permitting, you’ll make the summit ascent this day and return to base camp
Day 13: Chulu east peak base camp trek to Manang (3540m)
Day 14: Manang acclimatizing day. During this day you can hike up to Ice Lake or Gangapurna tea shop from where you will see panoramic Himalayan views of the Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Mt. Annapurna II 7937m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Gangapurna 7455m, Tilicho peak 7134m,Pisang peak 6091m etc , back to Manang .overnight at Manang.
Day 15: Manang trek to Yak kharka (4210m).
Day 16: Yak kharka trek to Thorung phedi (4640m)/ Thorung High camp (4800m)
Day 17: Thorung phedi (4640m)/ Thorung High camp (4800m) via Thorung La (5416m) trek to Muktinath.(3802m)
Day 18: Muktinath trek to Jomsom (2567m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 19: After breakgast, jomsom pokhara flight . fly approximatley 25 minutes, transfer to pokhara hotel. ovenright at pokhara
Day 20: After breakfast, Himalaya Journey tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel..
Day 21: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Included in the Cost
- All ground transfers by private vehicle as per our itinerary.
- Five star hotel in Kathmandu (twin sharing, including breakfast and all govt taxes)
- Welcome Dinner with Live Nepalese Cultural Program we host.
- Guided sightseeing around world heritage sites of KTM. (Includes all applicable entrance fees.)
- All domestic airfares (Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu).
- Fishtail Lodge in Pokhara (twin sharing, including breakfast and all govt. Tax / VAT)
- Organized Camping Trek / Expedition arrangement, including all high quality camping equipments and tents such as Two Men Tent, Kitchen Tent, Dinning Tent, Toilet Tent, Tables, Chairs, Mattresses, Hot Water Bags, Pillows, Inner Sheet and etc.
- Three times hot meals everyday while trekking, which will be prepared by our very professional kitchen crew.
- National Park / Conservation Area Permit Fees.
- One Vastly experienced climbing Sherpa, including his all wages, insurance and all arrangements.
- Guide, porters and their daily wages, insurance with all necessary lodging – food arrangements.
Not Included in the Cost
- All International Airfares / Airport Taxes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as bar bill, laundry bill, telephone bill, tips and etc.
- Personal medical and travel insurance.
- Helicopter Rescue & Evacuation – If needed.
0 Reviews on Chulu East Mountain Climbing View All