- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: Strenuous
- Group size: 2+
- Best Seasons: Spring & Autumn
Search for some of the hardest mountain expeditions on google and many of the sites will have Makalu on their list. The name Makalu is derived from the Nepali word meaning “Black One” which is justified by its dark appearance. Reigning at 8462m Makalu is the fifth highest peak in the world. That alone is enough to make Makalu Expedition one of the most sought adventures by the moderate and avid climbers alike. The summit of Makalu is pyramid shaped and the view from there is god-like. What we see from the peak is the view of the some of the grandeur peak including the Mount Everest (8848m), Mt. Lhotse (8516m), Mt. Chomo Lonzo (7818m), and Mt Cho Oyu (8201m). Along with these giant ice monstrosities, the jaw-dropping ice glaciers and the mountain passes makes the ascend well worth it.
The expedition to the eastern Himalayas starts after a flight from Kathmandu to Tumligtar from where the climbers are taken to Chichila via jeep. After that, the trek starts which takes the climbers to some of the most exquisite parts of eastern Nepal including Tashi Gaon (2,065m), Khongma (4200m) and the famous Shipton-La. The beauty of the alpine forests and the beautiful Barun GlacierThe climb from Base Camp to the summit is expected to last for 25 days and acclimatization is a vital part of the expedition. The total expected days of this journey is two months including acclimatization, arrival, and departure.
The difficulty of Makalu Expedition is rated one of the harder ones in the above 8,000m category. Physical fitness is a vital part and will put the climbers to the limit. Makalu has seen few successful ascends but we, Bomjan Expedition and Treks will try our best to make the success out of your journey. We have all necessary equipment’s, techniques necessary for you to meet the summit of Mount. Makalu
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: preparations for the expedition.
Day03: preparation and packing Day for expedition.
Day 04: Kathmandu – Tumlingtar, trek to Khandbari
Day 05: Kandbari – Chichila
Day 06: Chichila – Num
Day 07: Num – Seduwa
Day 08: Seduwa – Tashi Gaun
Day 09: Tashi Gaun – Kauma
Day 10: Rest day in kauma
Day 11: Kauma – Mubuk
Day 12: Mubuk – Tonhe Kharka
Day 13: Tonhe Kharka – Sherson
Day 14: Sherson – Base Camp
Day 15: Rest day
Day 17-46: Climbing Period for Makalu 1(8463m.)
Day 47: Makalu BC – Mumbuk
Day 48: Mumbuk – Khongma La (Danda)
Day 49: Khongma La – Seduwa
Day 50: Seduwa – Chichila.
Day 51: Chichila – Tumlingtar
Day 52: Tumlingtar – Kathmandu.
Day 53: In Kathmandu. (Process for the refund of Garbage Deposit)
Day 54: Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 55: Final Departure.
Included in the Cost
- Mt makalu Expedition climbing Permit.
- 4 night 3*star hotel in Katmandu.
- Flight ticket: KTM-Tumblingtar-KTM
- Experiences climbing Sherpa 2:1
- All transportation expedition purpose.
- Airport picks up and drops.
- Liaison Officer Charge.
- Expedition Guide and Cook, kitchen boys.
- All kitchen equipments.
- High altitude tents for high camps.
- Private tent at base camp with mattress.
- Dining Tents, kitchen tents, toilet tents,
- All Necessary climbing gear except personal climbing gears.
- Necessary number of porters to carry load and member baggage.
- Porter’s equipment during the expedition.
- All staff insurance.
- All staff salary and porters wages.
- All meal for member and staff during the expedition.
- Quality high altitude dried foods & individual packet food.
- EPI gas with burner for high camp.
- 4ltr *2 bottel Oxygen cylinder and Mask regulator.
- Gamow /PAC bag at base camp
- First Aid Kit for all.
Not Included in the Cost
- High risk medical insurance
- Visa & visa extension fees
- Emergency rescue Evacuation if needed.
- Persona climbing equipment
- Summit bonus of climbing sherpa
- Alcohol beverages & telephone calls, mineral water.
- Lunch & dinner during Katmandu staying
0 Reviews on Makalu Expedition View All