- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: Strenuous
- Group size: 2+
- Best Seasons: Spring & Autumn
Kanchanjunga is the third highest peak of the world standing tall at 8,586m and is said to be the lair of demons, and that by no means, is an exaggeration. The demon, however, is the difficulty and the arduous path that has taken lots of lives and devasted dreams’ of many to succeed in reaching the summit. Although Mount Everest is the highest peak, Kanchanjanga tops the number one when it comes to technical difficulty and fatality rate. The trail is very difficult to carry on and the icy rocks keep the climbers from moving ahead swiftly. Till date, there are less than 200 successful ascend to the summit. That being said, what is the thrill if it was not so convincing and challenging.
The journey to the eastern Himalayas starts from Medibung after a drive from Badrapur. From there, the climbers treks on through some of the most striking natural exquisiteness including the Himalayan ranges right up your front yard, pristine glaciers and alpine route that keeps the mountaineers at bay.
Kanchanjanga has multiple peaks, namely- Kanchanjanga-I, Kanchanjanga- West, Kanchanjanga-South, and Kangabachen all of which delivers much-sought divineness to the eye of the beholder. The expected days needed to complete this expedition is 70 days. The climb alone takes around 35 days from the South Base Camp to the summit. Expert climbers that we have on Bomjan Treks and Expedition will take care of the necessary equipment’s and necessary tutorials, however, the climbers are expected to be physically fit and have previous mountaineering experience.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Climbing preparation Mt. Kanchenjunga Expedition
- Day 03: Kanchenjunga Expedition briefing tourism department
- Day 04: Fly to Suketar – Taplejung and stay lodge
- Day 05: Trek from Suketar – LaliKhark camping
- Day 06: Trek from LaliKharka -Khewan camping
- Day 07: Trek fromKhewan – Yamphudin camping
- Day 08: From Yamphudin – AmjeKhola camping
- Day 09: Trek from AmjeKhola-Torontan camping
- Day 10: Trek from Torontan to Tseram camping
- Day 11: Trek from Tseram to Ramje and camping
- Day 12: Ramje/acclimatization/hiking camping
- Day 13: Ramje/Kanchenjunga glacier & camping
- Day 14: Glacier/Kanchenjunga Base Camp camp
- Day 15-42: Climbing Mt. Kanchanjunga
- Day 43: Trek from base camp to Ramje & camping
- Day 44: Trek from Ramje to AmjeKhole & camping
- Day 45: Trek from Amije to Yamphudin & camping
- Day 46: Trek Yamphuding – Khewang & camping
- Day 47: Trek from Khewang-LaliKharka & camping
- Day 48: Trek LaliKharka to Suketar and stay lodge
- Day 49: Fly to Suketar to Kathmandu-stay in hotel
- Day 50: Transfer hotel -airport for final departure
Included in the Cost
- Permit Fee (Royalty) Kanchenjunga
- 5 nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast
- Itinerary is all drive to Ilam Bazaar, drive to Biratnagar & fly Kathmandu.
- Full board trekking with lodge & Food for BC Expedition period
- Porter or Kanchanjunga BC & while back
- Equipment: trekking equipment for BC, 1 tent for 2 persons, dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses
- All kitchen equipment for BC
- Staff allowance, Liaison office allowances, equipment allowances, flight ticket, insurance
- Permit and National park fees
- All transfer airport-hotel-airport
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Kitchen helper
- All necessary taxes
- Agency service charge
Not Included in the Cost
- PERSONAL equipment for climbing
- Personal Insurance of
- Climbing food, Gas & stove.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter
- Radio Permit
- Climbing Sherpa,
- Personal expenses etc.
- Custom clearances in Kathmandu airport.
0 Reviews on Kanchanjunga Expedition View All