- Trip Grade: Strenuous
- Group size: 1-2
- Best Seasons: spring
Mount Dhaulagiri is the seventh highest peak in the world. The name is derived from Sanskrit which translates to “white mountain” due to the excessive snow and it truly is whitest of mountains. Reigning high at 8,167m the view from the summit is dazzling. When the sun rises and reflects its glittering light upon the surface of mountain peaks, it really is a sight to behold.
The trail to this majestic peak is full of failures of those who tried to conquer this ice monstrosity and succumbed to the harsh environment and technical difficulty. However, our experts here at Bomjan Treks and Expedition will provide all the necessary equipment and guidance so that the climbers will make the best out of this trip. The vertical slopes, harsh rocks, and altitude sickness makes this expedition more difficult ones in the above 8,000m category.
The journey to the North-west Himalayas starts from Beni after a drive from Kathmandu from where the climbers carry on by foot. Along the way, the pristine nature, the alpine forests, the panoramic view of the Himalayas and the massive glaciers will occupy the heart of the travelers. Travelers will visit peculiar locations including Tatopani, Marpha, and Yak Kharka.
It takes around 70 days to complete the entire journey in which 25 days is reserved for the actual climb to the Dhaulagiri peak from the Base Camp and the journey back. Acclimatization plays a huge role as high altitude sickness gets even the best. Physical fitness along with good stamina is required to attempt this expedition.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to your hotel.
Day 02-03 : Kathmandu.
Day 04 : Drive to Bagling, trek to Beni, arrange for porters.
Day 05 : Tatopani (1189m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 06 : Ghasa (2012m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 07 : Tukuche (2591m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 08 : Marpha (2667m). Change porters.
Day 09 : Yak Kharka
Day 10 : French Col
Day 11 : Dhaulagiri Base Camp
Day 12-49 : Climbing Period Mt. Dhaulagiri
Day 50 : Clean up Base Camp.
Day 51 : Dhampus Col
Day 52 : Marpha. Overnight in lodge.
Day 53 : Jomsom. Overnight in lodge.
Day 54 : Fly Jomsom / Pokhara / Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Day 55-57 : Kathmandu.
Day 58 : Departure from Kathmandu.
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation at our base in Kathmandu
- All road transport by private vehicles.
- All camping facilities and meals during the expedition.
- Porters to carry loads from Lukla-base camp-Lukla
- All costs for leaders, guides and local helpers
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff ( sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer)
- Flights to transfer climbing members, staff, liason officer and cargo of the climbing gear.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Airport arrival and departure
Not Included in the Cost
- Bar bills and laundry.
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation
- Tips or Gratitude.
0 Reviews on Dhaulagiri Expedition View All